When it comes to innovative and delicious Australian recipes, Lemonade Scones are definitely at the top of the list. This classic and beloved treat has been given a modern twist with a recipe that has become one of the most popular ways to make this old-fashioned favourite.
We've taken things up a notch by substituting regular refined sugar-filled lemonade with our all-natural, zero sugar Pink Lemonade. The Pink Lemonade and cream replaces the milk, butter, and sugar found in traditional scone recipes, and creates a light and fluffy texture that is simply irresistible.
So, are you ready for the easiest scone recipe ever? With only three ingredients, this Pink Lemonade Scone recipe is a breeze to follow and will have you whipping up a batch in no time!
600ml Thickened Cream
300ml Pink Lemonade (Famous)
3 Cups of Self Raising Flour (because nobody likes flat scones)
- Set your oven at 180 degrees. Line a flat tray with baking paper and pop into the over to heat.
- Combine the flour, cream and pink lemonade in a bowl and mix until flour is mostly combined. The dough should be soft and fairly sticky.
- Next sprinkle your surface with flour and turn your dough out from the bowl and knead very lightly.
- Gently press out the dough so that your mixture is about 3 cm thick. Using a cookie cutter (size of choice, we like to make big scones). If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a cup or a small bowl.
- Cut out scones until all the mixture is used up.
- Carefully take out the heated tray from the oven and place the scones tightly packed together on it. Bake the scones for approximately 7 minutes until they have risen and come together.
- Remove the tray from the oven and place it on a wooden board. Gently pull the scones apart and turn them so that they are all sitting apart. Place the tray back into the oven and bake for a further 7-10 minutes until the tops are lightly golden brown.
Once done, remove the scones from the oven and wrap them gently in a tea towel to keep them warm. Meanwhile, prepare whipped cream and raspberry jam.
Serve the scones with tea or Famous Soda and enjoy! #sodalicious
Get your bake on and give these scones a try!
Don't forget to share the love by sharing your creations with us by tagging Famous using the hashtag #PinkLemonadeScones